Application for a renewal of Passport
A Sri Lankan Passport is initially issued for a period of five (05) years, after which it can be extended for a further 05 years. Should the existing passport have no pages left for visa endorsements, even though still valid, a new passport must be applied for.
Please download Application “O” and comply with the following instructions:
- Send your current Sri Lanka passport.
- For people who have been on a permanent residence visa in Australia (two or more years) or in New Zealand (three or more years), a Certificate of Evidence of Residence Status (referred to as Certificate of Denial in New Zealand) will need to be sent with your application. This certificate can be obtained by contacting the Australian Department of Immigration or Department of Internal Affairs in New Zealand.
- Those who hold dual citizenship should submit their dual citizenship Certificate (original) instead of the above certificate.
- If the applicant is in Australia on a student visa, a letter from the University or the Institution in which he/she is studying.
- Applicant/s should place his/her signature and date without affixing a stamp.
- Applicant should give their current residential address and not their Sri Lankan address
- Request in writing with contact details: Tel. no., E-mal address and Fax no. (if available)
A$ 3.40 per each year up to A$ 17.00 for five years
within Australia A$ 5.00
outside Australia A$ 25.00 ((New Zealand, PNG, Fiji, Solomon Island, Vanuatu)
Please make all payments payable to ‘The Sri Lanka High Commission’, Payments can only be made by:
61, Hampton Circuit, Yarralumla, Canberra, ACt 2600 Telephone: (02) 61983756
Fax : (02) 61983760
Register with the High Commission
The Sri Lankan High Commission in Canberra would like to keep in touch with Sri Lankans and persons of Sri Lankan origin living in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu and other Pacific Islands as well as Sri Lankan community organisations in those countries.
If you are a current/former Sri Lankan or an office bearer of a Sri Lankan community organisation we invite you to register with the High Commission.Register
61 Hampton Circuit, Yarralumla, Canberra
Tel: (02) 6198 3756
Fax: (02) 6198 3760