CBR 013 Applications for Police Clearance
- What is the procedure for obtaining a police clearance certificate?
- Any person who is a Sri Lankan citizen by descent or by registration can apply for a police clearance certificate from the Department of Police in Sri Lanka for the period he/she had lived in Sri Lanka, through the High Commission or Consulate Offices.
- The High Commission or Consulate Offices will forward this application to the Department of Police in Sri Lanka.
- Where to apply? Forward your application to the following respective offices, closest to your place of residence.
|Respective area||Office & Contact Details|
|1||New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands and Samoa
Western Australia (WA), Northern Territory (NT),Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
New South Wales, Queensland
Sri Lanka High Commission,
61, Hampton Circuit, Yarralumla 2600, ACT, Australia
Fax : 02-6198-3760
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|3||Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania||
Sri Lanka Consulate General in Melbourne
Suite 536, No 1 Queens Road,
Telephone: +61 3 9290 4200
- Steps to be taken and the checklist
|1.||Application process and documents to be submitted||Application for Police Clearance Certificate|
|2.||Two certified copies of the passport .|
|3.||Two certified copies of the national Identity Card (NIC) .|
|4.||copies of previous police clearance certificates if available|
|5.||If in Australia – “VEVO “[Visa Entitlement Verification Online] from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection in Australia from www.border.gov.au/Busi/Visa.
This Certificate should be obtained less than a week prior to submitting the application. – Compulsory
|6.||If in New Zealand – Applicants who have been on a permanent residence visa in New Zealand a Certificate of Evidence of Residence Status [referred to as Certificate of Denial in New Zealand] from the Ministry of Internal Affairs in New Zealand www.dia.gov.nz. – Compulsory|
|7.||If applicant resides in any other accredited country 02 photocopies of currant visa page of his/her passport– Compulsory|
|8.||Applicable fees||If the applicant is a Sri Lankan National
If the applicant is a Foreign National
Note: Credit/ATM/Debit cards AND personal or Company cheques will not be accepted.
Note: If the applicant sends Money orders directly credit money into the High Commission or consulate bank accounts, without prior instructions, the responsibility lies with the applicant for any loss/shortage or delay.
|10.||Special Notes (Important)||
– The name of the applicant should be correctly mentioned in the application as per the National Identity Card. This is compulsory as the record check is done with the NIC number.
– The NIC number and the Date of Birth should be correctly mentioned in all the documents. Clear copy of the National Identity Card would avoid unnecessary delay during record check.
– The details of the places of residence in Sri Lanka furnished in the application should be accurate.
– Police Clearance Certificates are addressed only to the Government Immigration Authorities which have been authorized and designated by the Foreign Ministry, Sri Lanka. Therefore, name and address of the High Commission – Canberra or relevant consulate offices, should be mentioned correctly, in cage 8 and 9 of the application.
– It is vital to furnish the contact details of the applicant, such as telephone numbers E-mail addresses. This would help the clearance branch to communicate with the applicant if any clarification is required.
– Photocopies or scanned copies of applications are not accepted. Applications should be signed by the applicant.
– Please provide your contact details to this Mission, enabling us to contact you speedily, if required.