CBR012- Registration of Marriage
- A marriage can be registered by the High Commission and Consulate General offices, if
- One of the parties to the marriage is a Sri Lankan Citizen and has given Notice of Marriage to the Mission;
- The marriage may be registered in the High Commission after a lapse of twelve (12) working days from the date of receipt of the Notice of Marriage and within three (03) months from such date.
- Where to apply? Forward your application to the following respective offices, closest to your place of residence
Office & Contact Details
|1||New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands and Samoa
Western Australia (WA), Northern Territory (NT),Australian Capital Territory (ACT),
New South Wales, Queensland
Sri Lanka High Commission,
61, Hampton Circuit, Yarralumla 2600, ACT, Australia
Fax : 02-6198-3760
E-mail : email@example.com
|2||Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania||
Sri Lanka Consulate General in Melbourne
Suite 536, No 1 Queens Road,
Telephone: +61 3 9290 4200
- Steps to be taken and checklist
|1.||Application process and documents to be submitted||Application Form|
|2.||Valid passports of both parties|
|3.||Two (02) witnesses with photo identification documents|
|4.||Bachelor Certificate by both parties
If he/she is a Sri Lankan, this should be obtained from the Grama Niladari (Village Headman) in the applicant’s city/village, which should be endorsed by the Divisional Secretary and thereafter by the Consular Affairs Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Colombo 01.
If he/she is a non-Sri Lankan, this should be obtained from the Embassy/ High Commission of the country of his/her nationality.
|5.||Notice of Marriage –Notice of Marriage Form B 100|
|6.||Declaration – Declaration Form for Marriage|
|7.||Proof of Residence|
Note : Postage within Australia AUD 10.00
Outside Australia AUD 40.00
Note: Credit/ATM/Debit cards AND personal or Company cheques will not be accepted.
Note: If the applicant sends Money orders directly credit money into the High Commission or consulate bank accounts, without prior instructions, the responsibility lies with the applicant for any loss/shortage or delay.
|10.||Special Notes (Important)