Renunciation of Sri Lankan Citizenship
September 13, 2023
An applicant who expects to renounce his /her Sri Lankan Citizenship has to forward following documents;
- A letter of request with all contact details of the applicant addressed to Controller General/ Department of Immigration and Emigration, Sri Lanka
- Authenticated copy of the Foreign Passport and Citizenship certificate and a photo copy of the same from the relevant government authority (Eg – Australians – DFAT, New Zealanders – Internal Affairs)
- Original Sri Lankan Dual Citizenship Certificate with a copy
- Original 5(2) Citizenship Certificate ( If available) with a copy
- Original Sri Lankan Passport with a copy
- Original Sri Lankan National Identity Card with a copy
- Original Sri Lankan Birth Certificate
- Duly filled and attested Form K [Click here for Form K] with a copy
Department of Immigration and Emigration, Colombo, Sri Lanka [DG/DIE] will communicate with the applicant directly, after the documents are submitted.
All documents should be submitted through the Embassy or Citizenship Division of department of Immigration & Emigration by the applicant.
Note – If the application sent via post, Form K should be certified (with an official stamp) by an authorized certification body of the residing country (Honorary Consul, Lawyer, Doctor, Justice of Peace, Police Officer).