Sri Lankan Pensions
CBR014 Sri Lankan Pensions
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PENSIONERS
The Department of Pension, Colombo has issued a new Circular No 01/2018 dated 20/06/2018 on the payment of Pensions to Sri Lankan pensioner’s resident abroad. It is mandatory to produce a life certificate to the Department of Pensions every year before 31st of March through the High Commission.
Submitting the Life Certificate through the High Commission Please click here for the life certificate 2022 form. When submitting through the High Commission, the Pensioner could either visit the High Commission or send the Life Certificate by mail.
Submission in Person – At the High Commission
- Certification would be carried out by an authorized officer in the High Commission.
- For identification purposes, please bring one of following documents
- Pension ID Card/Passport/Sri Lankan NIC/Driver’s Licens Submission by mail/post
- Duly filled Life Certificate with a copy of valid passport /Sri Lankan NIC should be certified by Honarary consul /JP / GP
The Life Certificates certified by this High Commission are forwarded to the Department of Pensions by DPL bag.
All Sri Lankan pensioners, including those residing overseas, will be required thereafter to hold a Sri Lankan bank account to which their pension will be paid.
Pensioners currently receiving their Sri Lankan pension through the High Commission in Canberra, are therefore kindly requested to take immediate action to open a bank account in Sri Lanka.
Please follow the instructions given in the Department of Pensions website at the URL given below, on how to open a bank account.
Application forms to open bank accounts can be sent through the High Commission.
- This service is free of charge.
- The Embassy is not responsible for any document lost in the post.
- Incomplete applications will not be certified by the Embassy.