CBR 003 – Application for a new Sri Lankan Passport for Lost or Stolen Passports
- What is the procedure if the passport is Lost or Stolen?
- If the passport is lost or stolen, it is the owner’s responsibility to inform the concerned authorities immediately. Failure to do so may result in the lost or stolen passport being used for illegal activities and the owner may be liable for aiding and abetting an offence.
- Sri Lankan Diplomatic Mission or Consulate transmits to the Department of Immigration& Emigration in Sri Lanka the details of the stolen or lost passports for cancellation.
- Passport reported lost or stolen can no longer be used for travel. The details of cancellation will be automatically shared worldwide to avoid misuse. The owner must not use the lost or stolen passport again, even if it is found subsequently, especially after making a complaint. The owner is strongly advised to obtain a new passport immediately to avoid inconvenience.
If a lost or stolen passport is found, it should immediate be transmitted to the High Commission or nearest Consulate office OR to the following address in Sri Lanka;
Lost / Stolen Passport Desk
Department of Immigration and Emigration
“Suhurupaya”, Sri Subhuthipura Road, Battaramulla. Sri Lanka.
- Where to apply? Forward your application to the following respective offices, closest to your place of residence.
Office & Contact Details
|1||New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands and Samoa
Western Australia (WA), Northern Territory (NT),Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
Sri Lanka High Commission,
61, Hampton Circuit, Yarralumla 2600, ACT, Australia
Fax : 02-6198-3760
E-mail : email@example.com
|2||New South Wales, Queensland||
Sri Lanka Consulate General in Sydney
Level 11, No 48, Hunter Street,
Tel: 02 9223 8729 / 02 9223 8742
Fax :02 9223 8750
Consular Hours: 9.30 am to 1.30 pm
Consular Inquiries: until 4.30 pm
|3||Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania||
Sri Lanka Consulate General in Melbourne
Suite 536, No 1 Queens Road,
Telephone: +61 3 9290 4200
- How long will this take? The issuing authority is the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka Colombo. Therefore, the total processing time for a new passport is 8-12 weeks, from the date of submission of the completed application. Usually the High Commission forward completed application to the ‘Department’, once a week by Diplomatic bag.
- Steps to be taken immediately by the owner of the lost or stolen passport & checklist for a new document
|1.||Making a Complaint||Immediately make a complaint to the local police station and obtain a Police Report.|
|2.||Lost or stolen passport holder has Two options||Option 1 – applying for an emergency/identity document –This is a one way document, ONLY to return to Sri Lanka, which is valid for 03 months.
Note: In this case the applicant must apply for a Non Machine Readable Passport (NMRP). Please apply under “CBR 004- Emergency Passport/Non Machine Readable Passport (NMRP)” section.
|3.||Option 2 – applying for a new passport
(In this case, all specific requirements for applying for a “New Sri Lankan Passport” will apply in addition to the requirements given below)
|4.||Apply a new passport||Application Form K – I.E. 35A|
|5.||Submit –Form D in duplicate – Compulsory|
|6.||Submit –Statutory Declaration – Compulsory|
|7.||Submit – Stolen or lost passport complaint form – Compulsory|
|8.||Submit – Police Report – Compulsory
(Police report must contain the lost/stolen passport number)
|9.||Personal declaration (letter with applicant’s signature) stating the circumstances in which the passport was lost or stolen, including all contact details– Compulsory|
|10.||Personal data page of lost or stolen passport – If available|
|11.||Applicable fee||If it is within Australia (if a copy of the personal data page of lost or stolen Passport is available) = A $ 400.00 – Compulsory|
|12.||If it is within Australia (if a copy of the personal data page of the lost or stolen Passport is not available) = A $ 500.00 – Compulsory|
|13.||If it is outside Australia (New Zealand, PNG, Fiji, Solomon Island, Vanuatu) (if acopy of the personal data page of lost or stolen Passport is available)= A $ 420.00 – Compulsory|
|14.||If it is outside Australia (New Zealand, PNG, Fiji, Solomon Island, Vanuatu) (if a copy of the personal date page of the lost or stolen Passport is not available)= A $ 520.00 – Compulsory|
Note: Credit/ATM/Debit cards AND personal or Company cheques will not be accepted.
Note: If the applicant sends Money orders, Bank Draft or directly credit money into the High Commission or consulate bank accounts, without prior instructions, the responsibility lies with the applicant for any loss/shortage or delay.
|16.||Special Notes (Important)