Special Notice from the Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka Regarding the Closure of Airports
April 6, 2020
According to instructions received from Sri Lanka Health Authorities, all international Airports in Sri Lanka will continue to be closed for the operation of inbound international commercial passenger flights (i.e. arrivals), until further notice .The closure will be reviewed by the Sri Lanka Authorities.
However, during the above mentioned restricted period, the following will be permitted:
- Aircraft Departures with passengers originating from Colombo, Stop overs, transit passengers or visiting tourists.
- Emergency Diversions to Bandaranaike International Airport
- Freighter Operations and humanitarian flights to Bandaranaike International Airport
- Technical landings at Bandaranaike International Airport
- Inbound ferry flights (without passengers) at Bandaranaike International Airport
Sri Lanka High Commission in Canberra
04 April 2020