The Sri Lanka High Commission in Canberra, Australia provides Consular services such as services relating to Passports, visas, Registration of Births etc. to persons residing in Australia and other concurrently accredited countries which include New Zealand, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Island and Vanuatu.
With the opening of new Sri Lanka Consulate General office in Melbourne in Victoria all consular services has been further streamlined and carried out under the overall supervision and Guidance of the High Commission in Canberra.
Accordingly all requests for Consular services from those residing in Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania should be addressed to the Consulate General office in Melbourne .
Following the recent closure of the Sri Lanka Consulate General office in Sydney, all Consular related services come under the jurisdiction of Consulate General office in Sydney (New South Wales and Queensland) have been transferred to the Sri Lankan High Commission, Canberra.
Accordingly, all requests for Consular services from those residing in New South Wales and Queensland should be addressed to the Sri Lanka High Commission in Canberra.
Contact details of the respective consulate General office and Honorary Consuls are available under “contact us” in the main menu of this website.
Sri Lanka High Commission, Canberra accepts all Consular related applications both by post and at the counter of the High Commission. However, all are encouraged to send their requests for consular services by mail / Courier.
For telephone inquiries for the following Consular Services, call between 9:30 am and 1.30 pm – Mondays to Fridays.(Note: Public Holidays of the High Commission of Sri Lanka in Canberra – 2023)
- Applications for New passports
- Issuance of Visas
- Registration of Birth
- Registration of Deaths /Repatriation of Human Remains/Ashes
- Registration of Marriages
- Applications for Dual Citizenship
- Applications for Police Clearance
- Sri Lankan Pensions
- Certification, Authentication and Attestation of Documents
- Issuance of Driving License to Sri Lankans abroad
- Child Adoption procedures
- Renunciation of Sri Lankan Citizenship
* FOR ALL CONSULAR RELATED MATTERS, PLEASE SEND YOUR QUERIES TO THE FOLLOWING:
* Please note that fees in respect of the Consular Functions have been revised by the Extraordinary Gazette No. 2306/35 dated 16/11/2022 w.e.f. 01.01.2023.
CONSULAR SERVICES ON WEEKENDS
The Sri Lanka High Commission in Canberra will provide extended Consular Services on Saturdays upon request. For Security reasons, please make an appointment prior to visiting the High Commission on Saturdays.
If you wish to contact this High Commission by telephone, fax or e-mail for further information you may use the contact details given under “contact us” in the main menu of this website.